I started with the idea of using this blog to capture things I accomplish throughout the year. The idea was to simply and quickly capture them as they come up, so that by the end of the year I'd have a record of music tracks I released, books I read, presentations I'd given, personal exercise records I'd broken, open-source projects I'd contributed to, etc.
Looking back over the past year, I see that I missed out on capturing many events that I don't want to forget about! So I'll capture them here, instead, and try a bit harder in 2017 ;)
Things I accomplished in 2016:
- A max hex-bar deadlift of 315!
- A max straight-bar deadlift of 285!
- Development of the Vancouver User Experience Awards website using the Craft content management system.
- Presentation to the Telus Digital team on React.js development with Typescript
- Visited my sister in San Diego, and made my first foray into Mexico
- Read 11 novels
- Published a techno track to my soundcloud!
- Drove down the coast to visit with friends in Portland
- Learned how to identify eight types of local trees: Grand fir, Spruce, Pine, Hemlock, Arbutus, Douglas Fir, Garry Oak, and Maple!